Friday, August 17, 2007

fickle

Yesterday morning, still in a funk. I'm rolling out of bed, over MacKenzie and Bailey, my bed-buddies. I don't know, but Kristin told me once that she believes people weren't meant to sleep alone. Actually, I agree. I LOVE falling asleep and waking up next to Kenzie. It is fun to talk to someone until one of you is too tired to do it anymore. And then you wake up and instantly you are focusing on someone else other than yourself.

I got up, did the angry tango with my contact lenses, complained to myself about having to get up and go to work. Then Steven, tousel-haired and morning-eyed, came up to spend time with me before I left.

Wow. Who does that?

I went to work and was bored, but work is cool because I get paid to keep my mind busy. Except when I am putting books away, then my mind wanders and I get upset, restless, angry, sad, lonely, discontent. Steven called to say he was going to Des Moines to buy iWork 08, and we had a mini-fight because I didn't want him to. I said he should wait til it came to ISU so I could buy it for him discount. Really, I just wanted him to wait for me so I could go with him. Over lunch, at home, I told him this. We wrestled (literally) over it, and I won, and we laughed and played and all of a sudden, my funk was over. It was like an egg that had cracked and the rottenness inside was gone.

I went to work, and even though I had a REALLY bad last 2 hours there (too busy, not enough people to help me, am I going to get fired for complaining about work online, Dooce?), I was SO excited to spend some one-on-one time with my man. And we DID! We talked and sang and joked all the way to Jordan Creek, all through the mall, with the geniuses at the Apple Store, in PF CHANGS (mm mm good), and all the way home.

DANG. I love being happy again!!!

1 comment:

Hello, my name is k8rz said...

i love it too!

(and i love you)

love,
your little zombie