3 years ago
Monday, February 19, 2007
Warm Winter Day
It's so nice out today. I never in my life thought that I would settle and say that a day with a high of 39 degrees is a "nice" day or that it was "warm", but I guess I am now officially Iowan, and it was a warm, nice 39 degree day today, and if you have a problem then EAT IT. (I used the phrase "eat it" because one of the cutest people I know, Kelly Keegan, who is adorable and funny and super kind, was talking about how she flies down this hill when she is riding her bike, and she can go faster than cars are allowed to go, and she'll yell "Eat it!" to them, which I think she doesn't really do, but it was still a funny story... lame.) Anyway, I walked home and it felt so good. I ended up going up to Jimmy John's and buying a Slim 5, which is tasty and cheap, and eating it as I continued my journey down the alley towards Little Street. In the alley I saw a well dressed Indian, a dead snake, and my friend Brandon smoking from the third floor of an apartment building that I just realized he lives in. Not bad for a day's walk. The bottom of my jeans are soaked in dirty water, and my whore-made Steve Madden shoes got my feet all wet, but no matter. I put on a skirt when I got home anyway because I wanted my winter legs to have a chance to feel the air on them. Then I put on my proud-pink snow boots and took Bailey out for a little walk around the back yard. The snow is higher than her, and since it is melty she couldn't balance on top of it. So she kind of swam through the backyard which was funny for me to watch. Now I am sitting in our bedroom and have the window open behind me so I can feel the fresh air. I think I'm going to pick up Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and read until I fall asleep and nap before bible study. Oh Beautiful Winter Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment