Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Round Trip

I was really glad Kenzie decided to come home with me. It made the long, four hour drive home go by rather quickly - she's my little lover girl who laughs with me like no one else does. As soon as I got home, though, I was confronted with what my brother called the "dead cat under the house" smell. And this is where I dropped off my beloved roommate and picked up Leland to head to the funeral of my favorite band teacher (I have had six band directors in my short life), Mr. Ackerman.

It was the best funeral I have ever been to. I saw a lot of old friends, friends I have not talked to since high school, and people I didn't take the time to search out after the funeral, although a few sought me out. But the family seemed to have grown closer to God through the death of their Ed, and it was evident. Beautiful.

Kenzie, Mamu, Lee and I spent the night watching television, checking the weather, and dying brother's hair. We even ventured over to the Wolff's where Kenzie gave Cindie advise over the color of her walls and I lobbied for David's new television set. Then we worried some more about the weather report.

The next morning brought a blustery, rainy, and dark beginning. By nine thirty we were in Omaha with the group of adventurers and humanitarians to take a week to go to my Peru. Then my Mamu, Kenzie, Shannon and I went shopping where I bought stellar boots for only 20 bones. Finally, we drove home, anticipating doom and not hitting any bad weather until thrity miles from Ames. Cool.

Also, here is the trip we took for valentines day, made by Steven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i, personally, was very glad you made it back safely. i never doubted you would!