Well, Christlife starts for me in a couple of days, and I'm excited to find out what the hype is all about. I started reading the book, and it's looking like I'm going to have to bring a red pen with me whenever I do my homework - did ANYBODY EDIT THIS BOOK BEFORE IT WAS PUBLISHED? But seriously, we'll see if I get anything out of it. I mean, I'm sure I will (everyone has been guaranteeing that even if I don't have a specific problem in mind, I'll be working through some deep personal issues over the next 15 weeks). I hope so. It's always refreshing to spring clean the heart.
I'll try to keep the world posted on what I'm learning, without giving too much away about what happens during our meetings. I guess part of the process is having to do some things that won't be as helpful if you know what they are before you do them. At least, Steven and Amy have been very discreet in the details of Phase 1. I actually wish I could just jump to Phase 2 with them, though. Steven comes home and tells me how people are asking all these pseudo-psychological questions, and I think to myself, "Seriously? That question can't even be answered because it stands on a foundation of misconceptions and lies," or "Seriously? I know they weren't actually wanting that question to be answered, they were just trying to stir up trouble. And we all know that if you want the truth, you have to be humbled. Proud 'intellectual' questions don't generally get anyone there, because the person asking is so proud of the question, they stopped listening after they through out the question." I want to be in there, because dang I'm pretty good at stripping questions down to their bare essentials and finding out what is really going on in people's hearts. I just don't do that unless they really want to know.
I guess maybe I'll learn to be more compassionate. Let's find out.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment