I actually truly appreciate that McCain stopped his crowd from demonizing Obama. It was the right thing to do. And for the first time in a while, I saw him do the right thing.
I told the ladies that there is this huge misconception that Democrats and Republicans disagree vehemently with one another on everything. The truth is, we have more things in common than not - for example, many Republicans AND Democrats agree that abortion is wrong and should never be an option. However, Republicans see the only option as banning abortion, and Democrats don't think that the government should be regulating that choice (especially because the choice will be made with coat hangers, alcohol, or bootleg doctors anyway). They seemed to appreciate that knowledge, to find out that we Americans DON'T hate each other. Except... I'm afraid I'm wrong about that.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment