Thursday, July 17, 2008

for safe keeping

DC Quotes:

"I didn't run out on anyone...." - Marth

Marth: "Claims to ISU Fame: 1) Hooters 2) Carrie Chapman Catt, and 3) - "
Jeremy: "Peanut butter."
Marth: "George Washington Carver did not invent peanut butter."
me: "Peanuts!"
Marth: "GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER DID NOT INVENT PEANUTS EITHER!!"

Me: "His computer! No...camera - NO! PHONE!"

Jeremy: "Martha says if you sit on the sidewalk you'll get pregnant."

ME: "GO!" (in reference to telling the South African students to cross the street quickly)
Johannes: "We can't!"
Me: "Yes you can!"
Johannes: "NO WE CAN'T"
Me: "Yes you CAN! AfriCAN, not AfriCAN'T!"

Me to Martha as Teboho is yelling in another language: "I promise you anything that Tebs is arguing about whether vampires can go to law school."

Me: "What should our team name be?"
Johannes, Tebs, Angela, Sithembile, and Edmund: "THE CYCLONES!!!!"

(in the art museum)
random small boy to Edmund: "Are you from Iowa State?"
Edmund: "No, but I like them. Are you going to Iowa State?"
small random boy: "Maybe!"
Edmund: "Yeah, Iowa's great!"

all the kids: "I wish we could have spent more time in Iowa!"

"What's girlfriend doing in there?"

Jeremy: "Oh! There was a goat over there!"
Me (doubtfully): "A goat??"
Jeremy: "Or a fox..."

Me (looking at the Capitol building): "What's that beacon shining through the trees?"
Marth: "Democracy."

No comments: