Friday, March 14, 2008

Feminism

"I want you to finish putting your clothes away."
"But I wanna goooooo!"
"You should have thought of that before I got home and had to clean the whole apartment!"
"OK MOM!"
"OH MY GOSH! If you're going to call me MOM I'm going to call you BUTT FACE! I hate it when men say things like that! Yes, some women do nag, but MOST OF THOSE WOMEN ARE BEING INSTIGATED BY BUTT FACES WHO ARE TRYING TO PAWN OFF THEIR INABILITY TO CONTRIBUTE AS THEY SHOULD ONTO THE WOMAN WHO IS JUST TRYING TO GET THINGS DONE!"

Just another example of men putting women down, abusing the word "nag" or "mom." I know some women who do complain for no reason. They whine about everything. But most of the women I know are hard workers and positive thinkers. And when someone turns to them and says "stop nagging" or "you're just being a woman," one half of me wants to punch their lights out, and the other half of me wants to rewind to the part where that same someone said something douche-baggy/immature. Like "I'll clean that [stuff you asked me to clean up earlier but I decided to play a video game instead] later" or "But I wanna gooooooo [even though the stipulation to leaving for a day of fun was that the apartment was clean for the landlord to show our apartment to potential leasers]."

This is why I support Hillary Clinton.

No comments: