Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Roll Out


Here is my office space at my internship. My second favorite thing is that there are HUGE maps all over the room, with a big US map above my computer (first favorite). This map has been an enormous source of distraction for me. I sit and look at the roads and webs, the states, the shapes, and the million escapes out of Iowa. I am a sucker for travel, and sadly I say I just don't do enough of it. If it were up to me, at least four times a year I would go on a one week trip to somewhere new. On average I'm getting away from Iowa for two weeks a year, usually to the same place (like Rwanda).

Roll out your maps, kids. Here is where I want to go.
THE WEST COAST



The entire west coast. This is my favorite stretch of America, and I've only done half of it ( California ). I want to start in San Diego, spend a there, then Los Angelas, spend a couple days there, then a day driving up to San Fransisco, then climb the mountains up to Portland, and end up in Seattle. Oh man, this would be PERFECT.











TORONTO


I don't know if you know this but follow my directions. Go into Michigan from Indiana. See that stretch of land north of Lake Erie? Climb aboard that, then to up on the west side of Lake Ontario. Alright, you've hit Toronto. This is where I'm going to move after I watch Michael Moore's movie "Sicko". Also because it looks amazing.



NEW YORK -->



Yeah, I've been watching a lot of Sex and the City lately, and it makes me want to visit the City really badly. What I'd like to do someday is fly to New York, spend a week there, then fly to London and spend a week in the UK. Possibly make a side trip to Amsterdam and the French countryside.

Also: Colorado, Black Hills (always), and most everywhere except Asia (minus Japan) in the world. Not too interested in Asia yet.

No comments: