I roll out at 7:30 so I can be awake and fed and clothed before work at 9. Note: I did not mention bathed. I have yet to get that rotated comfortably into the daily routine. I sit on Steven's legs where he is sleeping on the couch and turn on Today on NBC and wish Kate was watching it with me. I drink Rwanda tea and munch on dry Cheerios.
At my internship, I spend about 8 straight hours tracking down phone numbers and e-mail addresses of contacts who might be able to help me with the project I'm heading up this semester for IRIS (Iowa Resource for International Service). To explain that will require a blog all to itself. Needless today that it is taxing every strand of knowledge any missions trip has ever taught me, only backwards. I'm not planning a trip for me to a far off land, I'm planning a trip for others to Iowa. A politically oriented, six week long trip, in which I coordinate about 95% of what happens. It is fun. It is intense. It ROCKS.
Except at about 3:30 when people stop calling and only a couple people will e-mail me from here on out, and I have not much to do. That's when I start organizing everything that happened in the day into a format that I will be able to understand tomorrow.
I go home. Steven is gone, off to work, so I turn on Project Runway. I do the laundry (I did mine and his, although to be honest, since we're not married yet I didn't feel like doing his. But I did it because i love him). I clean the apartment. I even made dinner last night. I do my best to ignore the looming, daunting task of working on the wedding. I hate the wedding. If I could go back, I would elope. Why didn't I? I always said I would. Now I can't. Because people want to come to it. So I just ignore it and the pile of stuff that is screaming at me to finish it within the next month. Could everyone who reads this please pray that not only I get everything done, but someone else finishes all the stuff I haven't even started? and that i actually have fun, and everyone else does too? Because at the moment the only thing keeping me going is knowing that the day after the wedding i get to spend time with my family and then head off to a mini moon with steven.
Actually, I didn't want to talk about the wedding in this blog, but as you can see, it just pisses me off. It stresses me out. Why couldn't someone have told me about all of this, and I wouldn't have done it. Oh well. Maybe it will be worth it.
Then Steven gets to the apartment after 8 or 9. We eat dinner. We watch Project Runway some more. Then I go lay in the middle of the bed and read until i fall asleep. Hey, I only have one month to hog the bed. I have to take advantage of it.
It is totally lame, this life. But I'm enjoying (most of) it.
3 years ago
1 comment:
you're doing a great job with planning. though i was fine not having a wedding. the fact that it's with you makes me really look forward to it.
Post a Comment