Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dogblog

Bob Labla Law Blog. Ok, I had to say it.

BLOGGING is not want I want it to be. It isn't really a journal. It is a personal slice of situational comedy for others to read about. I can't bitch about how I feel about things because 1) that is bitchy! and 2) that is boring. Unless you live far away and don't know me and know you can't fall under my wrath. Haha wrath, because I'm so wrathful.

So I'll take a lesson from dooce. Meet Bailey.



OMG so cute right? Bailey is a fine specimen. She is a long haired daucshaund. Who knows how to spell that word properly? I still don't. She is almost 3 years old. I've had her for almost a year. She is adorable. She cuddles, she is calm, she is good at letting people know when she needs to go potty (the question is, do you know how to read her?). And, I have found, thanks to Cesar Milan, that if I train my friends to be good around her, she is a perfect dog. It is only when people misbehave that she does. She needs STRUCTURE and DISCIPLINE. Like a kid.

Bailey, she uh, she's got this... thing. About "hiding" things. Like any good dog, she likes to put things in secret spots for later. Some of her more favorite places to hide things are:
- on top of the recliner
- next to the book shelf
- on the rug in the kitchen
- right under my nose
But her all time favorite spot is her doggy bed. I think this is because as of late, she has been restricted from my bed. She peed on it a couple of weeks ago, and I decided, that's it, you are sleeping in your own bed from now on. DISCIPLINE. STRUCTURE. She still stretches her long body up to rest her head on the mattress and says, "Mom, tonight?" and I say, "NO you adorable brute, back to your bed!" and she'll push off and slowly make her way to her bed. And then she'll curl up between all her toys and go to sleep all adorable and round.

And so many toys she sleeps with! She has stuffed animals, bones, balls, and occasionally I'll find a tampon she found in the bathroom trash can burried in the corner. SO CUTE! OMG! But seriously, it's kind of cute. The other day, I decided to see what all was under her cushion. You'll never guess what I found.

Our missing mailbox key.

Amazing! What an intelligent little beast! She can't seem to hide her bone anywhere, no matter how hard she tries, it is just sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM, but somehow, she gets the mailbox key hidden under her bed cushion in my room. I guess I need to pray with her about stealing. And then teach her to hide things like Kate's Wallet or Steven's iPod in our own secret place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberly said...

i have chosen to delete the previous comment because it was left by a Blog Pooper.

Hello, my name is k8rz said...

OHMYGOSH! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! What a little *beeeeeeep!* Soooo funny, though!

dr. david said...

Great post!