
It is gorgeous outside today. After over a week of rain and gloom, the clouds split open and the sun dissolved them away. This, I believe, will be the last 70 degree day before winter encrusts Iowa. And me? I'm sitting inside.
This semester has been rather interesting. It has been TOUGH - my classes are pushing me to the limits. I never am caught up on my readings, but for once I'm alright with that. I am learning so much, and even the class I thought would be impossible is proving otherwise.
But I work 20-30 hours a week, and I am taking 17 credits. I never thought that I could do it. The hardest part is that those up to 47 hours of work (not counting homework) are usually done within a four day span - Monday through Thursday. I don't have class on Fridays, and often I don't work Friday through Sunday. So for four days, I am constantly on the go. Only Wednesday nights are free (I had to ask for a night off in the middle or I'd go crazy!), and on those nights I try to make sure I'm hanging out with my girl friends. Other free nights are spent with the One I Love, Mr. Athay.
Today is beautiful outside, and I could be out. But I'm not. Like yesterday, I am spending my free, alone, and unadulturated time catching up on homework and getting ahead for next week. Call me crazy, but it's just the way it has to be this semester. Tonight Sarah, Dan, Steven, and I are going to go see 30 Days of Night (I am so excited) and tomorrow I actually have to work (I love working the Bargain section at Borders). And then next week will begin, and the whole filthy process will start over.
It's intense, it's stressful, it's hard. I actually don't mind it all that much.
2 comments:
have a great boyfriend probably helps, huh
Wad'ya think of the 30 days flick? Is it all hype...should I take a pass? Or did'ya like it?
Post a Comment