Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Few Surprises

Maybe you didn't know some of these things about me.

I read the script of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" over a year before it came out in theatres.


If you have graduated from Iowa State in the last three years, I probably saw or touched your diploma before you did. I work at the Graduation Office on campus!


The stupidest thing I ever did was walk two blocks by myself in a neighborhood of Iquitos that I wasn't familiar with. I was desperately homesick and in search of a pay phone. It was actually a pretty frightening experience - some guy muttered at me angrily in Spanish as he walked toward me and tried to crowd me off the sidewalk into the busy street.

I'm a virgin. YES I SAID IT. I'm a V-I-R-G-I-N meaning I've never had sex. I'm not a completely pure person, unfortunately, but I have restrained myself a lot. The most interesting fact about this is that, at this point in my life, I'm not convinced the bible is against having sex before marriage. This doesn't mean I am considering having sex - it's a decision I've made and I'm going to stick to that. But I grew up being told that having sex before marriage was a biblical thing, which isn't exactly true according to my Jewish Studies class. It is a Christian thing, I belive, and that's fine. But if it's just a personal thing that Christians are expected to follow, I wish people wouldn't say the bible dictates it. I'm totally fine being a virgin and waiting until I get married. But... I'm hesitant to say that I think it's sinful to not wait. I'm still debating. Anyway. Virgin. Me.


When I was younger, my grandparents, two of my cousins, my brother, and I follows the Oregon Trail from Chimney Rock, Nebraska, to Fort Bridger, Wyoming, and then followed trails all the way to where the Donner Party was stranded in California. It was FUN.


I have an obsessive compulsion about the number 317. 3:17 pm! $3.17! 317 Edward St.! page 317! 3/17! I kind of get excited when I see that number. Never told anyone that before.


I hate chicken, papaya, vanilla flavoring, cake, and alfredo sauce. Alfredo sauce is new. The rest is old news and if you are surprised then maybe you don't know me as well as you think you did.


Bike riding is a spiritual experience.


I want to adopt. Like Angelina.


I'm not opposed to breast implants after I'm finished breast feeding. Then I can cut the chance of having breast cancer. Right?
[no picture, I know]

Well, that's all I'm letting on for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i look forward to the implants.

and i love your blogs.