Saturday, April 14, 2007

If this were high school...

...I think the situation I'm in would have killed me by now.

However, in high school I would have more understanding educators. And I wouldn't be really angry at them because none of them would have set up a double standard for me. I wouldn't have to wait a week to figure out if my grade hangs in the balance (like it appears to be dangling right now). If this situation were placed in the setting of high school, I'd have cried for fear of my mom freaking out on me, I would prefer the world be ending, and I would have a meltdown.

I guess you could say I've come a long way. I'm in possibly the most difficult situation as far as getting a project done in my life (as in, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY I can even start to work on a paper that is due next week because NO BOOKSTORE IN A 50 MILE RADIUS SELLS THE BOOK I NEED TO READ IN ITS ENTIRITY AND WRITE FIVE PAGES ON BEFORE THURSDAY). But guess what? While I am fairly stressed, I'm not crying, I'm not tearing my hair out, and I'm not too concerned. Either she'll be understanding and let me turn it in late, or she won't be. There is absolutely nothing I can do right now to fix the problem. But pray. And I'm going to pray right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you, my girlie, are lovely