Because nobody should ever have to wonder for four days where their friend, brother, or son is... and then find him where they found him. Because even though I didn't know him, I can only imagine a few worse ways to say goodbye to a loved one. Or rather, never get to say goodbye at all. Because usually deaths of strangers don't bother me too much, but this death makes me feel sick and heavy, sad and tired. Don't tell me that my feelings aren't valid or that I'm trivializing someone else's death. My emotions are real and raw, and if I weren't, I wouldn't be writing this post. The lake was calm and beautiful today, but I haven't seen the geese or swans in it all week.
Maybe the most horrible thing that has ever happened here.
3 years ago
2 comments:
You're right. I'm sad too.
I agree Kim. You're not alone. I love you.
Post a Comment