Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The H-Bomb probably arrived in a pretty little box.

"I'm not really sure what to d-"
But it was too late. She came at me like a bolt of lightening. Like a heaping bowl of white hot lightning being splashed at me from across the room. She was on me, attacking from all angles and sides and every inch of me knew: "I am not safe!" First I was in the top corner of the room, then I was hurled to the bottom. My head knocked the edge of the wall, then it was inches from the iron dinner chairs. Everyone had stopped what they were doing to watch, and yet nobody threw themselves in to help me out. To save me. My knee! My arm! My back! My ovaries! Check! Check! Check! Check! She ticked off each one as if they were on a list of assignments that she was tackling at a merciless speed. Wham! Bam! Boom!

I laughed so hard. Seriously? This girl is half my size, has a dainty, adorable little voice, and giggles like a tree full of chicadees. This little girl with tiny fingers and articulate sketches of vintage dresses, she was a fox! She was a wolverine out for blood, or a stealthy jungle cat attacking its prey. I was the prey. I was the idiot who asked if anyone wanted to wrestle.

No comments: