OMG. I just had an epiphany AS I STARTED WRITING THIS BLOG. JUST THIS MINUTE.
back up. Ever since, oh, let's say January, I've been running like I'm hopped up on pixie stix and two days from the prom. Yes, that's right, I've been rockin it high school style. My heart has been playing all these little devilish secondary school tricks on me.
Examples:
-I'm feeling extra flirty.
-I'm feeling extra frivolous.
-I feel like I'm standing on the cusp of the world.
-I'm feeling invincible.
-I've been missing high school friends (which is VERY strange indeed).
-All in all, VERY nostalgic.
And really, why should these things be? High school was fine, but I didn't leave anything behind that I desperately regret. The things I miss the most are some of the friendships that have unfortunately been frayed or lost, the freedom, and my Dad. But I also am very happy with my life now. What gives?
This is where the epiphany comes in: DUH, Kim, it's JANUAARYYY!!!
When someone writes my biography someday, WHICH THEY WILL, there will be at least a paragraph, if not a whole chapter, psychoanalyzing my erratic behavior each and every January since my junior year in high school. I become a sappy hearted nut! This is kind of what I picture:
11:59pm, December 31, any given year:
Kim's Heart: "Hey Brain, want to switch places for a while?"
Kim's Brain: "Um, I don't think that makes any sense."
Kim's Heart: "Yeah, but it FEELS so right, how could it be wrong?"
Kim's Brain: "Still not so sure - hold on, I gotta count backwards from 10 until midnight, and you know how bad I am with numbers. Ok: 10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy New Year, Heart!"
Kim's Heart: "What a sweet heart you are, thank you."
Kim's Brain: "You're welcome, I- HEY, how did you switch spots with me?"
Then my brain and heart struggle for the next month to sort themselves out. And this has been going on for a few years now, and it makes me go ga-ga and feel oh so in love and oh so easily manipulated by my emotions during January. Why January? I have no idea. I think it's all wintery and pretty and I haven't gotten cynical yet about the cold. There's all this opportunity for snow days, for hot chocolate, for cuddling, for making out (!!!). I mean, come on... what is there to NOT love?
So that's me right now. All gaga (oh goodness, does anyone out there love Lady Gaga too?). All trying to play match maker for my friends (bite my own tongue! no wait, you want to bite it? want to make out with me over there?). I wasn't even as flirty as I am now, which really frightens me (and Steven - I think he may be worried I'm going to stalkerishly track down my high school boyfriend and ask him to go to the WWE show in DM, for nostalgia's sake!).
Ah, l'amor. l'amour? ayudame christelle.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment