Every single winter I promise myself unconditionally that I will never put my poor body through another Iowa winter the next year. And every summer I fall in love with Iowa again and lose my motivation. And then winter comes around and I remember the promise, and it's kind of like when I used to promise God that I wouldn't think dirty thoughts ever and then I'd see a picture of Leonardo DiCaprio and then I'd worry about my salvation.
KIND OF like that.
Today Ashley, my office mate, threw herself out of her chair, hurdled into the main part of our office, and plastered herself against the nearest window. "IS IT SNOWING?!?!" she asked. Indeed, it was.
I have mixed feelings about snow in general. Snow=cold, so that's bad. But snow also=potential for the cancelations of plans and closing down of activities, so that's good. I love the feeling of waking up every day with the possibility of getting a Get Out of Job Free card. So I went back to work at my desk and turned on one of my favorite Pandora.com stations (West Coast by Coconut Records). Mmm... I was never really a music nut, but I at least understand people who are when I hear some of these songs. Here's a preview of what I've been listening to today:
Closer - Kings of Leon
They Never Got You - Spoon
Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots... - The Flaming Lips
Kids - MGMT
Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
West Coast - Coconut Records
Good to Sea - Pinback
6 Underground - Sneaker Pimps
Some days I'd really prefer to have a snow day excuse to be able to stay home, curl up with some tea and my dog, read, and watch episode after episode of Lost. And other days, good music can get me through stacks of paper work.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment