Thursday, June 14, 2007

both sides of the token

I will never regret missions trips. Every sacrifice to get there is worth it. So don't misunderstand when I say...

It makes me sad that I don't get to spend more time with my family. If I wasn't going to Rwanda this summer, I could spend more time with my family. I could take a week off to go visit my daddy and Lois in the Black Hills. I could go see my brother and mom in their new apartment in Sioux Falls. Maybe Steven and I could have gone to San Diego and Arizona with his family (seriously, I would really kill to go on a vacation with his family. I WANT to be a part of his family :( ). Maybe we would have put our money into plane tickets to visit my family in NorCal, or gone on a visit to Seattle. I don't know. I want to do those things that people do. Visit people and places with family. I don't do that, and I wish that I did.

On the other hand, I know... Rwanda. How many people are that blessed.
But on the first hand... I want family vacations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

after rwanda, i still have 2 more weeks of vacation :)

do you get a fall break?

Anonymous said...

change that. i have one more week and 7 personal days. i'll explain the difference later :)