Thursday, March 01, 2007

A Snow Day



Iowa State Cancelled classes today! The weather, althouth harmless-looking, is menacing! The highways are closed, Chaz informed me when I barrelled out of the bedroom. I was expecting howling wind, and visibility to .0001 of a mile. Nope, just drip drip drip of the icicles, and yet NO SCHOOL! Evan said there hasn't been a snow day since he was an undergrad, before I was an undergrad, so that had to be at least fourteen [4-7] years ago. I wanted it so badly! I didn't even plan on going to classes, but the fact that officially this day of rest is not only recognized but SANCTIONED by the university... well that's something to boast about!

AND my dad talked the automotive guy into bringing the price of my car reparis down by $100! Now THAT is a dad who can be a dad from a distance!

AND I'm sitting here eating a pop-tart that Steven bought me, blogging next to Chaz, waiting for Kate and Steven to come home. I smell bad, so I should take a shower and dry off before the power goes out (a woman at Borders told me her husband works for Ames Utilities and he said we WILL lose our power this time). Frightening, vicious, heartless, the storm will handicap us. But it will not take this soaring spirit of mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kim, i enjoyed sitting in the bathroom, reading your beautiful words!

Hello, my name is k8rz said...

kim, i just love you. and i love snow days. especially with you along with them!

*mmmmwah!*