I wanted to wait until I have some pictures to post with this, but I don't want to forget a thing.
Last night - Anathallo concert, with openers Caleb E and Page France. Page France was way sweet, and it is on my checklist to see if they are on iTunes. They had a sweet sound which reminded a lot of people of the Decemberists, although I don't know who that is.
Before I go on to talk about Anathallo, let me set the mood. Dark, intimate Maintenance Shop was the venue. A lot of my friends were there, including new ones, like Meg Raap. She thought I was pregnant. Did I mention a lot of people were dressed up for Halloween? The fliers said that if you dressed up you got free popcorn, but I didn't ever get any. Others that graced me with their presense were: Mr. PHAT himself, Steven Athay, Movie-star-Hepbern-Kennedy Kate Schmidt, Grandpa Dana Halferty, Jesus-Aly Peeler, wansn't-quite-sure Emily Sorensen, Eric Wilhoit, Amy Schnell, Giants, including Steven Carlson dressed as... a Scotsman? Anyway it was very fun, and I was just overcome with thanks to God - last week I was on a socio-emotional low, what with hatemail and losing friends and dumb mistakes. But between bible study last night with the lovely Mizz Rachel Vorm, and all the people at the concert last night, I felt so great. Thanks God.
So Anathallo. A seven-member band, six boys and one girl, and they were all dressed up. One was a ghost, one was a scientist, one was "super trashy" (he had a garbage bag on, and some garbage, and his legs were completely exposed), a nun-gardner?, one was a Revenge of the Nerds, one wore a pinata on his head, and another one... hmm I can't remember. But basically this band was awesome. Best show I've ever seen. Last year they came with the Format as an opener, and everyone said they liked Anathallo better. I see why, now. You'll just have to see them, though.
Finally, ended the night with Kate doing her best to rid me of my "baby" - a microbead pillow cling-wrapped to my stomach. Amy and Eric came over and we all did a lot of laughing. I love my friends! New and old, I love them all.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment