Something Jeanna said on her blog a while ago keeps rolling around in my brain: Wherever you are, be there.
Wise words, but so hard to do when all you want is to be elsewhere. I can think of a billion other places I would rather be right now. Sometimes I'm fine with right here, if it would just get warmer already. But things are looking a little less dreary each time I peek out the window. The snow has significantly melted in the last week. Actually, there isn't all that much snow left out there, which is pretty amazing for mid-March after the winter we just had. I worry about the March-coming-in-like-a-lamb issue, but I'll deal with that in a couple of weeks I'm guessing.
The real problem is the nervous excitement bubbling around in my stomach. I'm sitting on an egg, just waiting waiting waiting for it to hatch. (This is not to be taken as a metaphor for pregnancy.) I'm feeling pretty good about this here egg. It's not an egg I was looking for, nor one I necessarily thought that I wanted. And yet, here it is, all mine, and I'm getting pretty comfortable with the possibilities that rest inside the shell. All I need to do now is wait.
Waiting sucks. So does anticipation. But for now, I'm here, and I'll try to BE here while I'm at it.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment